Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Coming Into It

So, I couldn't get out of bed at 4:30 yesterday morning, since I'd had a tough night's sleep. Normally, if I can get 5 straight hours, I'm functional and can get out of bed early. But - like on Monday night - if I wake up in the middle of the night, it's damn near impossible for me to get up before 6:00. Sooooooo . . . , I did 8 miles, with 8x100 strides, during lunchtime. I did not really want to go out, but the temperature was mild (high 30's), so it was shorts weather. I ended up having a great run, with the 10 strides going very smoothly. Seems that planning on the strides also breaks up the run nicely, so it seemed to go quickly. I did one of my least favorite courses near work, because it was a convenient out and back, making it easier to run without worrying about where to turn every few minutes.

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical today and really worked on stretching my hip flexor, along with about 20 minutes of core and ab work. Right now, I feel pretty good. We'll see how tomorrow's 10-miler goes, to be done after dropping the kids at school and before coming to work, since my wife's out of town on business, so I can't get out before the kids wake up (though I'll take the any excuse at this point in the winter to run during daylight rather than in the dark).

Cheers, ESG

No comments: