- Monday - 6M easy/recovery
- Tuesday - 10+M, with 4x(800m @ 5K, 400m @ 3K & 200m @ 1M pace)
- Wednesday - AM: 10M; PM: 5M (both easy)
- Thursday - 8+M easy
- Friday - 12M, w/3x3K @ "threshold" pace, plus 1K at 5K pace
- Saturday - 8M easy
- Sunday -10M (aborted 20-miler due to family emergency)
- Monday - 7M easy
- Tuesday - 11M, with 4x200m @ 1M pace, 4x800m @ 5K pace, & 3x1200m @ 10K pace
- Wednesday - 15+M
- Thursday - 7M easy
- Friday - 12+M, with 10x2 mins at 10K effort
- Saturday - 9M, with 12x200m @ 1M pace
- Sunday - 20+M (water only)
I have done all of the distance-based speedwork on the indoor track, and continue to be pleasantly surprised about the consistency with which I've been hitting the target paces. I realized last night that I got to Chicago eking out 60-ish miles per week with minimal quality, whereas I just completed another 80-mile week with 3 successful quality sessions. That's extremely encouraging.
This upcoming week presents another challenging training block, with 75 miles scheduled on six running days, and three "quality" days, which include hill repeats on Tuesday, a reprise of a killer threshold session (3x15 mins at MP, MP-10 secs and HMP) on Friday, and a 20-miler on Sunday progressing down to goal marathon pace during the last 10 miles.
One final note on the family front. Things seem to be stabilizing for the most part, but there remain moments of tension, awkwardness and difficulty. Overall, though, the kids are doing better, and Mrs. ESG and I are finding a way to relate cordially and cooperatively, especially as far as the kids are concerned.
Thanks for reading. - ESG/Ron