- Monday - 5 miles, easy/recovery
- Tuesday - 8 miles, progression run
- Wednesday - 11 miles in frigid conditions
- Thursday - AM: 6.5+ miles on trails; PM: 4M slow on the treadmill in Nike Free Runs
- Friday - 10.3+ moderate miles
- Saturday - 7 gorgeous trail miles
- Sunday - 17.3 hilly miles at an 8:10 average pace, with some fast miles dropped in from miles 10-15
My last 3 weeks have been 59, 63 and 69 miles, and I feel better than I did when I was stuck in the 40's. That's an encouraging sign as I say goodbye to 2010, a pretty disappointing running year in a number of ways. A "Year In review" post may soon follow.
Now, I need to figure out how to put together my quality workouts for a 12-week marathon buildup that has me peaking at the exact right time, say April 18, 2011, with the hopes of running a decent marathon for the first time since May 2009.
Oh, and it might merit mention that I signed up for my first official ultra, a small 50K (or 50++K, as it's billed) in mid-February. Details to follow on that upcoming adventure.
Thanks for reading, and Happy Holidays, whatever you do or don't celebrate.