Here's how the week looked:
- Monday - 30 mins recumbent bike, very little resistance
- Tuesday - 30 mins recumbent bike; light weights, stretching and core
- Wednesday - 4.9 miles easy
- Thursday - 5.2 miles on trails
- Friday - 5.9 miles
- Saturday - 5.25 miles on trails
- Sunday - 12.25 miles, with about 5 on trails
This week, I expect to be around 50 miles, though it's already shaping up to be a busy one. Aren't they all, though?
There's some personal stuff that's really gnawing at me, and I'm going to need to deal with it. Details are not really appropriate for the blog, but I will share that I've been doing a lot of soul-searching, about religion/spirituality, priorities, connection, meaning, love, etc. Of course, such reflection generates multitudinous questions but precious few answers, at least early on in the search. So, once again, the lessons of running are instructive: patience, discipline, hard work . . . . Knowing when to push and when to back off, though, may be the key to figuring out what twists and turns my life will take going forward.
Thanks for reading. -ESG/Ron